I really like Thanksgiving, it’s probably my second favorite holiday. A close second, behind Christmas. It’s nice to get together with family and eat lots of yummy food and fall asleep afterwards from the turkey drug. And it is of course a time of giving thanks, as the name implies. In the spirit of giving thanks I would like to go ahead and say some things I am thankful for. Keep in mind that this list is not comprehensive and if there’s something I have forgotten I may still be thankful for it, it’s just not possible to write down everything a person can be thankful for in a short amount of time. So here we go!
- Eliza – I’m so thankful that Eliza came into mine and Amanda’s life this year. She is the greatest gift ever.
- Health Insurance – Without it we would either not have Eliza or have insurmountable debt from her birth.
- The NICU @ University of Colorado Hospital – Even though we had some issues with them, overall I am thankful for the great care Eliza received in her 6 weeks there.
- Our family and friends who prayed and otherwise put forth well wishes this past year during Amanda’s mom’s passing and/or Eliza’s situation. This meant a lot to us and really helped.
- Amanda for going through 6 days of labor like a champ when Eliza decided to show up early.
- Our family and friends who gave us and made us such nice things for Eliza.
- The fact that I get to spend so much time with Eliza.
- Our financial situation – While we are not rich or anywhere near it, we have about enough money and are better off than many people.
- My mom – She has done so much for me throughout my life and now Amanda and Eliza’s life too.
- Hulu Plus and Netflix Xbox streaming – Many hours of entertainment have come our way via these two services.
- Chocolate Milk – Delicious.
- Our cats
- Anyone who reads this
And that is a partial list of what I am thankful for. I hope you enjoyed it. What are you thankful for during this season of giving thanks? Do you have any big plans for Turkey Day? Any non-traditional side dishes you want to share with the class? I hope to hear from you in the comments below, I would be thankful for it! Bye!